This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Provide Administrative support to Editorial Team
- Through the financial expense reporting tool, complete expense reports in a timely manner.
- Process check requests for signature and payment.
- As directed, set up and prepare for external journal editor visits (travel arrangements, bio creation, agenda, reimbursement and expenses).
- Update SPIN and Confluence as required (ed board, process and other journal changes)
- Communicate to journal editor and society contacts when an Editor is out of the office.
- Responding to miscellaneous inquires related to journals, as directed by an Editor or management
- Handle special projects as assigned by Editor or management.
- Monitoring websites for content changes and updates
Support Editor with research projects and reporting
- Process monthly, quarterly, and annual publishers reports, which includes gathering information from other departments, compiling data from internal systems, and draft final report.
- Create updated impact factor packets for all ranked titles when IF are released.
- Generate citation analysis reports, as requested.
- Create custom detailed statistical reports on journal performance, as assigned. These may include: financials, citation, usage, and submission or circulation data.
Support SAGE HSS’s technology projects and social media channels
- Manage any applicable new discipline channels that relate to Editor’s list of journals.
- Work with marketing to provide regular content updates (posts) to relevant channels.
- Track response and article usage.
- Set up and record podcasts as directed.
- Monitor and Update requests for Journal Homepage changes, including Carousel slides and images
- Monitor a list of title websites for ongoing issues
Provide general support for Management as needed
- Run and maintain reports as requested by management.
- Aid in the implementation of website and system changes
- Handle special projects as assigned by management.
Assist in management of small journals when needed
This position may be required to perform journal management responsibilities temporarily or with close oversight from an Editor. These responsibilities may include the following:
- Regular calls to discuss journal health, such as Atypon, OA, production, social media, submissions, podcasts, etc.
- Act as primary point person for an Editor or SAGE staff regarding these journals.
- Respond to miscellaneous inquires and ad hoc questions.
- Arrange editorial board conference calls to present publisher’s report.
- Act as an Editor’s point of contact for podcasts, ed board updates, website changes, check requests, ed choice collections, and article usage inquiries.
- Assist with open access projects such as request editors to cascade articles into SAGE open products.
- Work with editors in SAGE Track and help to answer author questions
- Communicate website changes and enhancements to journal editor.