This is a home office based role with an Inside sales focus and some occasional in-person visits.
The purpose is to increase our US customer base and revenue in North American libraries. Proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers, and utilize effective consultative selling skills to follow up marketing efforts. Support end-users and faculty experts with advanced product knowledge. Support the field sales team with customer follow-up and campaigns with existing customers.
Main duties include:
1. New business opportunities
• Research markets to identify prospective customers
• Research new and existing markets to identify prospective customers.
• Conduct effective cold-call and email campaigns to introduce our products to both and existing customers.
• Secure new customer accounts and close digital sales within the US.
• Contact new and existing customers to arrange meetings/demonstrations.
2. Business Development
• Increase turnover and customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual targets set by the Head of US Sales.
• Prepare and deliver appropriate customer demonstrations and PowerPoint presentations
• Maintain advanced product knowledge and keep informed about current industry trends..
• Work collaboratively with colleagues on consortial offers, nationwide opportunities, and other long-term sales work
• Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities with the rest of the US sales team.
3. After sales/team support
• Ensure new contacts are added onto the CRM database.
• Update entries on the CRM system and work with Sales/Customer Support Assistants to ensure CRM information is accurate.
• Work with Head of US Sales and Sales/Customer Support Assistants to resolve any client issues that arise.
Additional duties include:
• Participate in industry conferences
• Provide Sales cover where appropriate to ensure opportunities are monitored and closed down in a timely manner.