To increase our US customer base and revenue in North American libraries. Proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers, manage long-term sales cycle and negotiate with buyers in the library environment. Support end-users and faculty experts by conducting product demonstrations
Main duties include:
1. New business opportunities
• Research new and existing markets to identify prospective customers.
• Conduct effective cold-call and email campaigns to introduce our products.
• Secure new customer accounts and close digital sales within specified territory.
• Contact new and existing customers to arrange consultative sales visits.
2. Business Development
• Travel to Universities and Institutions throughout the US to build relationships with existing clients as well as establishing relationships with new ones. The amount of travel will be around 15+ weeks of the year to fit with sales cycles and targets.
• Use a variety of sales and presentation techniques such as PowerPoint and live site demonstrations to support library visits.
• Increase turnover and customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual targets set by the Head of International Sales.
• Maintain advanced product knowledge and keep informed about current industry trends.
• Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities
3. After sales/team support
• Ensure new contacts are added onto the CRM database.
• Update entries on the CRM system and work with Sales/Customer Support Assistants to ensure CRM information is accurate.
• Work with Head of US Sales and Sales/Customer Support Assistants to resolve any client issues that arise.
• Participate in industry conferences.
• Sales cover of other territories where appropriate to ensure opportunities are monitored and closed down in a timely manner.