Under the direction of the VP, HR/Facilities, the Director of SAGE U.S. Facilities will be responsible for planning, organizing, and administering wide-ranging programs in support of all SAGE U.S. facilities to ensure they are foster optimum employee and organizational performance. This includes short-range and long-range planning and maintenance of building and grounds operations including the improvement, remodeling, modification, scheduled maintenance and oversight to ongoing facilities as well as the design, creation and orchestration of new facilities. Develops plans for and implements policies, methods and procedures for a comprehensive corporate-wide maintenance and repair programs. Hires, leads and evaluates the performance of the Facilities and Office Services staff in maintaining day-to-day building operations and maintenance.
Scope and Responsibility:
- This position will lead, manage and motivate a 7-person facilities and office services staff who are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our SAGE U.S. facilities. This includes a supervisor, 2 receptionists and 4 office services clerks. These positions provide support in the physical maintenance and operations of buildings, facilities and building systems.
- Directs the design, planning, construction and maintenance of company facilities within the U.S.
- Responsible for developing budgets, short- and long-range facilities plans based on company growth and future facilities needs.
- Responsible for managing all leases, approving contracts and tracking of budgets related to buildings and facilities
- Responsible for working with external vendors including architectural staff, general contractors, sub-contractors, real estate staff, etc. in the planning and execution of new building construction or renovation of existing space.
- Oversees the functioning of all building systems and grounds maintenance efforts involving external vendors/contractors or internal staff who perform repairs and maintenance in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, general grounds and landscaping, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, security, and electrical systems, fire safety and waste management. Ensures building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.