- Provide strategic and technical direction for customer analytics to inform data driven decision-making with regard to SAGE’s corporate web sites
- Evaluate current software and technologies and recommend the best tools to meet the needs of the business
- Coordinate with developers and Web Product Manager to ensure accurate and comprehensive web analytics implementation and successful deployment of new solutions
- Promote best practices for digital web site optimization; research, discover and share key drivers of online conversion and retention
- Document data collection standards for all new development efforts and current site functionality.
- Provide consistent updates on the status of progress/issues, risks and concerns to digital analytics management.
- Produce data layer strategies that allow SAGE to do in depth reporting and gain insights that help maximize revenue and the user experience
- Implement advanced Web Analytics setups to achieve a greater understanding of customer behavior; working with in-house development teams and third party platform service providers
- Own the web analytics account structure, ensuring SAGE is following best practice and the right level of access is granted to the varying user types
- Work with the business to manage conversion rate optimization testing activity
- Own the Tag manager strategy and implementations
- Create useful and effective dashboards that allow for easy access to snapshots of key information
- Proactively assist the business with their questions and challenges around our websites (and other medium if appropriate) through bespoke tagging and tracking
- Conduct user training sessions on analytics implementation to cross functional teams
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the world of web analytics and provide feedback as to how SAGE may be able to take advantage or need to adapt to change
CMS and General Web Support
This role will also be the point person for web related activity and support for our US stakeholders:
- Support the business as a super user of the Drupal content management system (CMS); training will be provided.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on improvements to the admin area of the CMS.
- Help the business with more advanced content page layouts using the CMS, ensuring best practice in areas such as SEO, UX and branding guidelines are being followed
- Conduct UAT for all enhancements and bug fixes
- Provide training to the expert users on enhancements/changes to the CMS admin area and help maintain the Drupal manual
- Work closely with the agile delivery team to report and manage any web related critical incidents