Millions of people around the world turn to SAGE’s journals, books and electronic products to inform their studies with the latest research findings. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE Publications aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating the finest scholarship on a global scale. Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are champions of engaged scholarship and creators of innovative and award-winning products.
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for supporting the Acquisitions Editor to reach his or her key goals in their assigned discipline including:
- Within the model of SAGE's vision statement, interact with professionalism and maturity with authors, potential authors and reviewers, customers, and in-house staff in all departments.
- Maintain orderly electronic and paper files.
- Prepare, track and file book contracts and work-for-hire agreements.
- Prepare and transmit final manuscripts and basic ancillaries into production.
- Maintain reviewer database and see that reviewers are paid in a timely manner.
- Obtain and compile reviews of proposals and manuscripts.
- Track titles under contract and potential new acquisitions in master database.
- Conduct project-specific research as directed by the Acquisitions Editor.
- Coordinate permissions process for all titles to be transmitted to production.
- Perform daily work with moderate supervision from manager.