Sales Supervision Management:
- Provide training, coaching, and ongoing support of any direct report by working in tandem during key selling periods through telephone contact, field travel and via regularly scheduled training sessions during primary selling seasons. (sales)
- Directly supervise and manage workflow of any assigned sales personnel to include Library Sales Managers. Assist in managing and providing direction on tasks and projects for temporary employees and interns within the department. Identify and structure and assess projects that help to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of selling staff.
- Conduct 1:1 on a weekly basis to review weekly activities, priorities, development areas and progress on goals/projects on any direct reports.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and initial training of newly hired sales representatives within the department. Help with product and systems training, territory management, sampling strategy, effective calling techniques of junior sales team members as time permits and especially during non-library calling periods.
- Communicate feedback for direct reports via monthly reports to Sales Director. Attend sales and marketing meetings on behalf of sales department on regular basis in person or via conference call to report on departmental sales activities.
Product and Market Knowledge
- Gain and maintain product and market knowledge for assigned product lines through editorial, author, marketing and customer communication
- Communicate market feedback and product information with editorial and marketing staff, authors, and customers.
- Report on market conditions and provide market intelligence on competition on a regular basis. Help to devise strategic initiatives to help position SAGE products successfully within marketplace
Planning and Database Maintenance
- Complete planning (identifying libraries, decision makers and relevant consortia) for targeted library markets at accounts identified within assigned territory
- Track sales opportunities in the SalesForce.com system so that you can prioritize your sales opportunity and maximize your revenue during sales campaigns
- Act as liaison with CRM and IT in maximizing the SFA’s efficiency and sales effectiveness for both inside and field based sales representatives
Conference Attendance/Business Travel
- Limited travel may be required to assist at conventions. Assist the set up and break down of booth as requested and conduct sales of products at booth.
- Travel may be required to make library sales visits during selling season based upon business necessity to support significant adoption opportunities.
- Represent and act as ambassador for SAGE Publications at conferences and library/ account meetings.
- Interact professionally with authors and customers
- Provide excellent customer service when dealing with potential or existing customers by providing requested trails, product information and other resource materials, and information in a timely manner
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Director of Sales in creation and development of special projects, including sales meeting planning, CRM development and other initiatives, as defined and assigned.
- Frequent attendance and participation in weekly committee meetings throughout the year
- Being a collaborative and competitive member of a sales team
- Involvement in planning and delivering sessions at department meetings and at bi-annual Sales Meetings