Corwin/Sage is embarking on an exciting new product initiative to develop innovative online learning models for K12 teachers. This role will be an essential leader and contributor to the long-term vision and execution of this exciting teacher professional learning initiative. The Program Manager is responsible for the strategic development and management of Corwin’s online course business, which focuses on teacher licensure and recertification, as well as cohort-based and personalized professional learning opportunities supported and organized by schools and districts. The Program Manager oversees course and content development, engages with Corwin authors, leads project management of key business operations, and business line roadmap planning to ensure that Corwin’s online courses meet and exceed the needs of educators, map to and fulfill state-specific requirements, or other accreditation needs and opportunities. The Program Manager will lead the design and development of innovative, engaging online learning design with a focus on delivering job-embedded and relevant learning opportunities in support teachers and their students. The Program Manager, working closely with the Senior Program Director for eLearning, will represent Corwin among multiple departments and work teams across Corwin and SAGE and will coordinate a variety of cross-functional projects or tasks to launch and scale this new product line.
The specific job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Product and Service Development and Management
Product Innovation and Business Development
Management and Leadership
Include, but not limited to, the following:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree from an accredited university
· At least 5-8 years experience in the education industry with emphasis on digital formats and developing online products/experiences
· Understanding of the education market, and ideally, professional development
· Extensive knowledge of instructional design and adult learning best practices
· Extensive experience and successful track record in project management, including coordination across various team members and stakeholders
· Experience in developing or coordinating the development of various media, including video, online features, interactive learning objects, and interactive or adaptive assessment
· Ability to supervise highly-skilled content experts, technical support staff, facilitators and graders, and designers (artistic and online-feature-specific)
· Experience working with various technology or content partners, including ability and experience to negotiate contracts and develop appropriate scope of work protocols.