ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively participate in targeted calling campaigns for specific new editions by placing outbound sales calls and sending follow-up emails as directed by management.
- Identifies and conducts comprehensive outbound calling sales calling campaigns to faculty who have requested review copies for course consideration. Conducts targeted email campaigns to potential customers based upon priorities to supplement and support phone activities.
- Conduct high quality sales interviews using consultative selling model to active leads. Set follow-up commitments on your part and the customer’s after each sales interview. Meets pre-determined daily calling goals.
- Places and receives inquiry calls from customers. Outbound call opportunities are generated through sales support, direct and email marketing campaigns, through rollover lead generation activities and through opportunities generated through account research.
- Track all pending adoptions and report on your progress towards each sales opportunity within Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relations Management system.
- Process all orders and capture data in various systems and databases. This includes but not limited to correct data input for customer information, adoption status, university and course information, etc. Must be highly proficient working with computers and a variety of software applications
- Gain and maintain product and market knowledge for assigned product lines through editorial, author, marketing and customer communication. Communicates with management and marketing staff, to share adoption status, course information and textbook materials feedback gathered while communicating with professors.
- When communicating with customers takes appropriate actions to establish a positive image of the company, while ensuring a positive overall experience.
- May work with bookstore customers in order to maximize revenue during key text purchasing seasons.
- Be responsive to customer’s requests and concerns. Institutes the proper procedures to resolve customer issues.
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attendance at SAGE national and regional sales meetings occurring in Spring and Fall may be required.
- During the year the team will strategize about special campaigns whether they are through phone, email or mail to reach target goals and identify and explore specific opportunities.