Millions of people around the world turn to SAGE’s journals, books and electronic products to inform their studies with the latest research findings. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE Publications aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating the finest scholarship on a global scale. Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are champions of engaged scholarship and creators of innovative and award-winning products.
This full time position is open to graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in publishing or product management. The person in this entry level role will work closely with the Director of College Product Management, and other members of the Product Management team, to support dynamic publishing projects across the team. He/she will assist in developing and supporting communication channels and vehicles (dashboards, newsletters, reports), will complete administrative tasks, will work on product-related tasks at various stages of product development, and other duties. This role will offer a chance to develop skills in higher education publishing, digital solutions, product management and gain hands on experience in an exciting, ever-changing digital publishing environment.
* assist Product Management staff in supporting various aspects of planning, development, and communication for Digital Products
* perform regular scheduling of milestones dates and regular review/updating with project teams
* load content into systems using authoring tools and content management systems
* format and prep resources
* proofread and accuracy check materials
* research topics, associations, trends, market data, etc.
* distribute surveys and compile/analyze results as directed
* assist and coordinate user testing and market research of digital products
*assist and coordinate College Product Management events
Bachelors degree or student pursuing degree in English, Journalism required, or publishing or pursuing a career in eLearning, online Product Development, Project Management is preferred
One year of office work experience required
Experience with in one of the following required: SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA, Drupal (or other content management system)
Prefer 1 year of book publishing experience in the textbook and/or reference book divisions with an academic or college publisher, or equivalent
Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
Media/web/video development experience a plus
Proven demonstration of high level of maturity and professionalism