- Meet with hiring managers and conduct recruitment strategy meetings to review and agree upon specific recruiting plans and strategies for approved open positions.
- Work with hiring manager to ensure a job description is created for all new positions and/or updated for replacement positions.
- Create text for recruitment advertising and review with hiring managers to ensure job description is properly reflected.
- Provide training to managers who may need support on the recruitment tool.
- Provide support to managers in developing/formulating interview questions as needed.
- Determine most effective placement of recruitment advertising/posting to ensure all approved positions are filled with the most qualified and appropriate candidates at the lowest cost in the least amount of time using a variety of recruiting techniques and avenues.
- Source candidates through the necessary recruiting tools to include LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean searches, resume databases, technical and niche job boards, and creative sourcing techniques.
- Be a subject matter expert in leveraging LinkedIn, cold calls, and other tools to identify passive candidates.
- With SAGE recruiters, develop and maintain a database of qualified academic publishing professionals.
- Promote SAGE as an Affirmative Action employer by evaluating recruitment strategies to insure we are reaching out to the appropriate sources to find diverse and qualified candidates for the company’s open positions. Utilizing SAGE’s annual AAP, create additional recruiting strategies and opportunities to address any identified areas with the AAP.
- Create, implement, and support strategies for continuous improvement on promoting SAGE as the Employer of Choice.
- Represent SAGE by developing and maintaining professional relationships with college, university, and community placement offices; employment agencies (both contingency search and temporary); advertising agencies; etc. and attend appropriate job/career fairs as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Manage recruitment effort, including conducting telephone screenings; holding personal interviews; working with the HR support team to schedule applicants with hiring managers and internal interviewing staff and conduct appropriate job testing; conducting reference verification; working with the external vendor to conduct background screening; authoring formal written offer letter; and extending employment offer.
- Coordinate details of relocation, when appropriate, including securing temporary housing, etc.
- Process Employee Referral Bonuses, at initial hire and at appropriate intervals.
- Participate in employee orientations for policies and procedures.
- Work with the Sr. HR Business Partner to track, analyze, and prepare hiring/termination data and cost analyses, specifically including open requisitions report, cost per hire report, exit interview analysis, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews for voluntary terminations.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of company HR policies, procedures and programs as well as employment law including federal, state, and local as appropriate.
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide back up support for any and all other HR functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.