The Product Associate, Video, will support the creation and ongoing management of SAGE Video product line for the academic library market. They will assist the Video Product Manager with developing new products and monitoring and improving live products. They will lead projects as assigned including market research, product testing, developing requirements for product enhancements, and process improvements. They will investigate questions and concerns from internal stakeholders and external customers. They occasionally support the Washington DC-based members of the Products Management Team with administrative duties.
This position is part of the global Product Team at SAGE, working in a dynamic part of the business to significantly increase SAGE’s visual media online product portfolio for our library customers. This position will work with SAGE’s external technology partners who develop our products.
• Support the delivery of new product releases and product enhancements in the form of specific projects assigned by the Video Product Manager. These projects may include but are not limited to drafting requirements, meeting with relevant stakeholders to gather intelligence, monitoring project plans, documenting requirements, carrying out user testing, and tracking open issues.
• Support product documentation, including FAQs, product help pages, and materials to support marketing and sales.
• Support front office initiatives for the products in the form of projects assigned by the Senior Product Manager. These projects may include but are not limited to front office administration, competitor research, write marketing messaging, draft sales support documents, or support members of the front office on their front office-related actions.
• Create, solicit feedback on, and distribute product reports covering site analytics, sales and marketing updates, and product news.
• Work with the Senior Product Manager to track new product and enhancement spending against budget, documented in a central location.
• As assigned for products in beta or recently launched, generate detailed reports, including sales and usage information.
• As needed, provide basic administrative support for DC-based Online Product Team members and visitors from other offices. This may include note taking, travel expense reporting, and logistical support for large meetings or events.
•Participate in and support external product-related marketing, publicity and customer service activity as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree required; 1 year relevant experience required
• Working knowledge of publishing industry beneficial
• Experience working with online products and services beneficial
• Experience working with the library and academic market beneficial
• Ability to effectively interface with customers, both internally and externally