The role of the Associate Product Manager, College Product Management,
is to lead and manage digital products and other product development projects that support SAGE's strategy to accelerate, experiment and deliver new solutions in the College space. The Associate Product Manager will work closely with Senior Product Manager, College Product
Management, to generate new ideas and to manage the development of specific projects from conception to launch, and ongoing management and maintenance.
The Associate Product Manager will be involved in the development of processes and procedures to support this new area of the business, and in the selection and understanding of technology partners and content providers that we will work with.
Lead the assessment of new product ideas to develop business plans
- Oversee the initial assessment process for new
product ideas for standalone digital products working closely with Editorial discipline teams to carry out market research, develop product business requirements including business model, and carry out an internal impact assessment (coordinating with different departments within SAGE) to
recommend an approach that is appropriate to the risk involved with and the level of investment required for each product.
Manage product development
- Lead the business decisions required to drive new product development, coordinating market research and cross-functional consultation within SAGE. Oversee the project management for new product development with business units across SAGE to keep projects on schedule and budget. Support a plan for ongoing maintenance of products as required.
Market research and user engagement
- While maintaining close communication and alignment with the College
Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams, interact regularly with customers and the wider market, to ensure you are immersed in their wants, needs, and perspectives and to be an effective voice within SAGE advocating their view point. This includes gathering new product and enhancement ideas, testing new product ideas, joining sales calls, conducting usability testing and competitive research. Establish new routines to monitor market trends, track competitor activities and to assess and refine products on a product by pro
duct basis. Products with major investment should be developed
through high levels of engagement with end users and buyers, through market research and usability testing.
Lead web requirements
- Lead the definition of web requirements for product development, establishing wire frames, developing prototypes where appropriate, performing user testing and working with editorial teams, technology teams
and external vendors to define product requirements
Support content development and execution
-Work closely with editorial colleagues to define content requirements for
- Establish and lead product meetings, managing agenda, framing discussions, and following up on agreed actions. Regularly consult project teams and review meeting structure focused on efficient use of time. Maintain project plans and all project documentation. Provide clear a
ccountability for deliverables.
- Regularly provide meaningful product updates, presentations and reports to relevant project teams and stakeholders, including product updates, usage analysis, product P & Ls, competitive information and enhancement