The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with journal editorial offices to configure sites as required.
- Oversee training of journal editorial offices, including training around peer review best practices
- Monitor and respond to technical support e-mail and phone calls from editors, authors and reviewers.
- Support SAGE’s editorial and production staff with SAGE Track and peer review-related needs.
- Correspond with contacts at ScholarOne on a regular basis for support and assistance, as needed.
- Build and run SAGE Track reports as required.
- Configure updates required to maintain SAGE Track sites.
- Support the Peer Review Manager as needed on projects or activities related to peer review implementation and management.
- Provide managing editor services on one or more journals by using SAGE Track to drive manuscripts through the peer review process.
- Communicate with the Editor, Society, Associate Editors, Reviewers and Authors as needed.
- Communicate with internal SAGE staff in Editorial, Production, Publishing Technologies, Marketing, Circulation, Commercial Sales and others as needed.
- Produce reports as requested by the editor.
- Deliver accepted manuscripts to production according to their scheduling needs.
- Work with ScholarOne to improve the journal’s SAGE Track site as needed.
- Provide backup support to Journals Editorial, as needed.
- Help with printing, shipping, filing or other administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist in hosting office visitors, as requested.
- Carry out multiple support tasks as directed.
- Perform daily work with moderate supervision.
- Represent and act as ambassador for SAGE externally, by phone, and e-mail as well as in person.
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with academic/professional editors and internal staff (including Editorial Assistants, Production, Marketing and Sales, Art/Design, Information Technology and Contracts) to support the journals program and acquisitions activity.
- Support SAGE’s other peer review activities by serving as an in-house managing editor on one or more journals and/or supporting other in-house or freelance managing editors.
- Assist management in creation and development of special projects, as defined by management.
- Other duties as assigned.