Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Click column header to sort
The Project Analyst will be responsible for the project management and business analysis needed to ensure the smooth release of new online products and enhancements to existing online products. This includes writing project plans, preparing requirements, coordinating resources, managing costs and vendor relationships and ultimately ensuring that the releases are delivered on time and within budget.
The Instructional Designer & Content Manager is responsible for producing and developing exceptional quality online courses that help educators strengthen classroom practice and grow as professionals. This role is responsible for developing online courses from start to finish based on best-in-class, industry-leading book content from top educators in the field. This includes guiding overall instructional design and content development, active project management, and seeing a course through from inception to launch. This position requires a thorough understanding and creative approach to instructional design for adult learners, experience writing course and/or professional learning content, excellent project management skills, and the ability to produce high quality eLearning courses for K-12 educators. Experience working in K-12 professional learning is essential, with knowledge and awareness of current trends in K-12 education and professional development with the ultimate goal of helping educators to make the greatest possible impact on the students they serve.
The Associate Product Manager will support the creation and ongoing management of the Data and CQ Press Library products, for sale into the library market. They will lead projects as assigned including market research, product testing, and the definition and delivery of product enhancements. They will demonstrate a deep curiosity in all aspects of their products and the market, working diligently to build a strong knowledge of the target users and buyers.
This position is part of the global Product Management Department at SAGE, working in a dynamic part of the business to significantly increase SAGE’s digital product portfolio with a specific focus on our library customers. Products for the library market at SAGE are developed with external technology partners.
This position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in publishing or product management. The intern will learn about publishing in general and also gain hands on experience in an editorial department working with digital product managers.
This internship is expected to start in the month of February and the intern must be based in either our Washington, DC or Thousand Oaks, CA offices (no remote work). Candidates must be current students.
Opportunity to support a dynamic sales team in various aspects of print and digital advertising sales. The Advertising Sales Coordinator provides administrative support to the advertising and sales operations of the Commercial Sales department. This position ensures SAGE’s profitable growth by coordinating print and digital advertising in assigned journals and supporting the work of Account Executives and/or Advertising Specialists through clerical tasks, providing customer service to all accounts, proofing all artwork and helping to ensure that print issues go to press and digital advertising runs without mistakes.
The HR and Recruiting Specialist is a support partner within the SAGE Human Resources department and performs a variety of responsibilities with focus on recruitment, HRIS, administration, and the overall enhancement of a positive experience for our employees and candidates.
Job Description: Field Editor, Library Sales
The Field Editor, Library Sales is responsible for outreach, advocacy, market intelligence, and sales support to librarians and faculty in North America for SAGE digital products, including Research Methods, Business products, and Video. The person in this position will also develop and carry out projects to assess new strategies to bolster sales of our digital products through our librarian and faculty customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The emphasis will be on faculty outreach to support library sales efforts of one-time sales for Research Methods, Business products, and Video
- Support US/Canada Sales in achieving new and renewal goals
- Present to librarians and faculty about SAGE Research Methods, Business, and Video at conferences, campuses and invited speaker engagements
- Partner with library sales managers to help them develop knowledge of SAGE Research Methods, Business, and Video options for their customers
- Visit college campuses to engage in discussions with influential faculty to turn them into advocates with librarians
- Develop and execute programs to turn faculty into library advocates for SAGE products through engagement at key academic conferences
- Develop and moderate events at ALA, ACRL, and elsewhere that establish SAGE as a consultative partner to librarians
- Work closely with marketing and library sales managers to ensure that faculty recommendations are being appropriately leveraged
- Work closely with the Online Products Team in conducting market research projects that could support library sales
- Conduct research to evolve our understanding of our buyer/user demographics,preferences and needs for SAGE products, including interviews and focus groups
- Manage project tasks, timelines and deliverables with minimal supervision from manager
- 5 plus years’ experience in academic publishing preferably across departments such as sales, marketing and editorial
- Ability to work across departments to achieve goals
- Innovative and strategic approach to all tasks
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to communicate SAGE vision to diverse audiences
- Exceptional presentation skills, with strong written and oral communication abilities
- Expertise with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable, adaptable and effective working in a rapidly changing business environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to see how the details fit into the overall, bigger picture
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of SAGE academic library and faculty markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
For over 50 years SAGE has published high-quality authoritative works across the social and behavioral sciences. We are proud of our long-standing tradition of offering innovative content created by influential minds from across the globe. As one of the few remaining, truly independent publishers, we are a publisher, first and foremost. Our goal is to publish leading-edge content that offers innovative teaching solutions, approaches, and perspectives to the disciplines that we serve. We are firmly guided by the needs of our market. We are driven to publishing titles that contribute to the learning experiences of students, the teaching needs of instructors, and the practicing needs of professionals.
This position will ensure that the US Marketing Analytics Team provides Marketing with the necessary tools and outputs to assess past marketing activities, execute current marketing activities and plan future marketing activities. This position must be a team player and work well with marketing and IT professionals.
To do this, the position will collaborate closely with Senior Marketing Management in identifying, defining and implementing strategies to drive deployment of analytics within the Marketing teams and Marketing campaigns group to ensure full alignment with strategic goals.
This position will also serve as a key business stakeholder in optimizing SAGE’s reporting infrastructure. They will work closely with business owners and IT to gather and document requirements for proposed analytics, reporting, and data projects. They will work with project team leaders and developers and will be involved with reviewing project requirements, design and prioritization.
The position will be a champion for data and analytics use within the Marketing Department and wider business, collaborating with analysts across departments and providing support and training for business users to make effective use of data and analytics to support their own objectives.
This position will also supervise a staff of two: Sr. Marketing Analyst and Marketing Analyst.
The Business Analyst II will be responsible for leading or assisting requirements elicitation for major projects and leading smaller projects through to completion. They develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders and technical team members. They ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to achieve business goals (e.g. reduction in costs, increased efficiencies, launch new products). They gather requirements for projects by conducting interviews, work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions. They create clear and concise requirements and workflow documents. They assist in business adoption and change management activities.
To perform a broad range of administrative duties for the Managing Director as well to provide administrative support to members of the Sales team.
- Assisting the Managing Director and members of the Sales team by providing administrative services.
- Responsible for providing internal and external customer service and acting as the liaison between Corwin and a lead content Author.
- This position requires contact with all members of the Senior Management group, Home Office and offsite employees and outside business professionals and vendors and community involvement.
- This position must have solid knowledge of the company’s organization, policies, procedures, practices and personnel. Must be highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision as well as possess a high degree of professionalism and keen ability to maintain confidentiality.