Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Click column header to sort
The Content Manager, Global Visible Learning, will lead the global team’s efforts to update, revise, and create new content for Visible Learning that maximizes our opportunities to disseminate and apply the research-based professional learning model for change across a variety of modalities and learning designs. The Content Manager will become a subject-matter expert in Visible Learning and oversee all timely development, which will involve creating and project-managing a roadmap that identifies, details, and prioritizes the most significant opportunities to expand and enhance the utility and application of this body of work. Specific tasks will include researching, sourcing, writing, creating, updating editing, or project managing content development in the form of seminars, online courses, books, videos, blogs or other social media content, and other resources available on the Visible Learning website or other domains. Given the broad content remit, the Content Manager will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Director, Global Visible Learning, our international teams in Australia and Canada, and our core functional groups, including Corwin Publishing, Corwin Professional Learning, Corwin Marketing, and Corwin eLearning.
We are looking to hire a Platform Sales Manager to join our expanding Quartex team.
This is a newly created position and an exciting time to join us as we look to grow our customer base in the US. Adam Matthew’s new Quartex platform is designed to facilitate archives’ management and open access publishing of our digital assets.
To be successful in this role it's essential that you are both confident and results-driven, as you’ll be helping the company meet and achieve our ambitious targets by creating and converting leads. You will ideally have a background within the EdTech, SaaS sector and previous sales experience.
To sell the Quartex platform into North American libraries, archives and museums. Proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers, manage long-term sales cycle in conjunction with Quartex Product Specialist and negotiate with buyers. Support end-users and Administrative decision makers by conducting product demonstrations. Work closely with Quartex Product Specialist to handle technical questions and demonstrations and move opportunities to close.
- Responsible for reshelving and/or reboxing loose books from returned customer orders. Also responsible for putting away returned product into low bulk storage locations.
Responsible for picking, packing, sealing, and/or wrapping customer orders. Also responsible for restocking picking locations
The Marketing Manager is a strategic position in the college books division, responsible for devising and implementing sales and marketing strategy and plans within assigned disciplines. The Marketing Manager is responsible for maximizing sales by fully exploiting the potential of all sales and marketing channels, a key element of which is the direction of successful sales activity. The position requires 3-5 years proven experience in higher education textbook publishing, including some combination of experience in sales and marketing, marketing planning and management, targeted direct response marketing and analysis, and budgeting and forecasting. Success is measured as follows: sales against budget, development and implementation of strategic list and title marketing plans, and the control of direct marketing and complementary review copy costs.
In accordance with a strategic Editorial plan, the Associate Content Development Editor is responsible for supporting his/her editorial team in its efforts to reach specific goals set forth by the Editorial Director for his/her assigned discipline. In its broadest sense, this includes providing support for goals related to book signings, book transmittals, books published, and online product and video development. The Associate Content Development Editor supports the daily acquisitions, editorial development, project management, production, administrative, and scheduling needs of his/her assigned team. In addition, the Associate Content Development Editor exercises a leadership role with the Editorial Assistants (EAs) on his/her assigned team.
The Associate Content Development Editor role also has a more specific focus on project managing and coordinating the overarching publishing process and content development needs for books, ebooks, book revisions, companion websites, and ancillary or supplemental print and digital products to ensure they meet market needs and high quality standards. In this capacity, the Associate Content Development Editor collaborates with authors, peer reviewers and freelance developmental editors or ancillary content writers, as well extensively across internal departments and teams including legal, editorial, marketing, production, design, manufacturing, Professional Learning, and Online Learning.
The Associate Content Development Editor also provides as-needed developmental and/or line editing assistance for select projects under the guidance of the Acquisitions Editor, takes the lead on coordinating cover and interior design with the art department, and reviews page proofs as needed.
As such, this position requires the ability to coordinate and lead multiple editorial projects, provide targeted developmental and line editing support as needed, and to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the acquisitions editors, marketing team, sales, professional learning, and online learning staff, as needed, to ensure that the quality of content meets or exceeds the expectations for Corwin Editorial and is competitive with the market.
- In conjunction with the assigned editorial team, collaborate on the creation and management of project schedules. Lead team project management meetings to report on the status of all products in proposal, development, transmittal, and post-publication phases and keep all projects on track. Take initiative in identifying, pre-empting and solving problems, troubleshoot as needed within designated project budgets and schedules.
- Work closely with the Production and Design teams to execute the vision established by Editorial and Marketing for each product. Work with graphic designers to brainstorm elegant and effective design solutions. Interface with production editor supervisor to troubleshoot production-related issues and strategize scheduling considerations.
- Identify and leverage in-house resources, and negotiate with and manage third party freelancers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and vendors related to product development for core content. In working with freelance content providers, maintain a focus on optimizing expenses and being a prudent steward of company resources.
- Lead and manage special research and competitive benchmarking projects as assigned.
- As requested and in conjunction with the Acquisitions Editor, Publisher and/or Editorial Director, assist with annual budgeting related to ongoing product development and closely track and monitor projects to stay within budget.
- Oversee the development and management of training for Editorial Assistants, as needed
CQ Press, an imprint of SAGE Publications, is a publisher of books and online resources in political science. This internship will assist with data research, entry, and quality control.
This internship is paid, part time (up to 15 hours per week during normal office hours). This poisition is for the fall semester with the potential to be expanded into the spring semester. Candidates MUST be current students able to work out of our office in Washington, DC or Thousand Oaks, CA (remote work is not permitted).
The Business Analyst II will be responsible for leading or assisting requirements elicitation for major projects and leading smaller projects through to completion. They develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders and technical team members. They ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to achieve business goals (e.g. reduction in costs, increased efficiencies, launch new products). They gather requirements for projects by conducting interviews, work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions. They create clear and concise requirements and workflow documents. They assist in business adoption and change management activities.
This position provides administrative support for the Journals Editorial Department specifically assisting in the launch, support, and maintenance of SAGE Track sites and by assisting with various peer review projects. The main goals of this position are as follows:
- Provide support on SAGE Track by building and launching sites, training editors through demonstrations (live and via phone and the web), supporting editors, reviewers and authors as needed, and making required configuration changes to sites.
- Provide support required to maintain SAGE Track sites through configuration updates.
- Provide managing editor services on at least one SAGE journal.
- Provide support on various editorial and peer review projects, as needed.
The Associate Editor Preprints will be responsible for managing the day-to-day work of SAGE’s new preprint server, Advance. The Associate Editor, Preprints, will screen all preprints before they are posted and will check the preprints against Advance’s moderation checklist. This will include checking to ensure the papers have met certain ethical requirements. Having first-hand knowledge or experience in conducting research that may have involved human participants in a social science field is a plus. At this time, Advance is only posting papers in the Social Sciences and Humanities. Familiarity with these disciplines is key.
The Associate Editor, Preprints will be expected to liaise with other departments to communicate and manage future enhancements, practices, and policies connected to the preprint server. A successful Associate Editor, Preprints will not only manage the daily tasks of running Advance but will also help contribute to SAGE’s overall strategy regarding preprints. In addition, the Associate Editor, Preprints will assist the larger Humanities and Social Science department with other tasks and projects as assigned.