The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Customer Service Representatives, managing their performance and providing backup assistance for all duties of Customer Service Representatives I, II and Sr. Customer Service Representatives. The Customer Service Supervisor must be very knowledgeable on all aspects of Customer Service Representatives responsibilities, effectively coach, and counsel representatives as needed.
US-REMOTE | US-Thousand Oaks, CA, or Washington, DC | US-REMOTE
- Stable – established, leading independent academic publisher of high-quality digital content for libraries
- Ambassadors of Education – we believe knowledge is intrinsically valuable for a healthy society
- Growing – 1,500+ employees in Los Angeles,Toronto, DC, London, Singapore, Melbourne, & New Delhi
- Employee-focused – at the heart of what we do, we nourish and develop our staff
- Professional – an innovative Marketing Manager who enjoys being an expert in your specialty
- Experienced – in marketing academic journals or digital resources to institutions across academic, hospital, public library, and/or corporate markets
- Results-driven – accustomed to working closely with Sales organizations & passionate about driving revenue hands-on
- Fast-paced – comfortable working with lots of stakeholders across many projects for measurable results and trackable outcomes
- Excel proficient – skilled in dealing with data and able to easily analyze and extract conclusions
- Creative – able to speak the language of the customer, Sales, & Marketing, and able to engage all audiences by sharing new ideas that make a big impact
- Team player – open to building positive work relationships in order to achieve our common goals
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for successfully planning, executing and reporting on sales of Corwin Learning services and Corwin print resources in assigned territory. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for developing relationships with clients in his/her territory and for prospecting new business in the territory. Clients include district administrators, principals and school leaders, regional associations, SEAs, and Professional Development institutions. The Senior Account Manager acts as a consultative sales advisor to PD administrators on how to incorporate various Corwin PD resources in their district PD plans. The Senior Account Manager is the key driver of the proposal writing process for districts and also works closely with her/his Client Engagement Manager (CEM) counterpart to manage renewal business and ensure best possible client partnership experience.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) will collaborate cross-divisionally to provide market insight. The SAM collaborates with the Corwin marketing staff to effectively promote Corwin products through various marketing activities including print, web, email promotions, and conferences. Collaborates with fellow Account Managers to support and maximize sales while maintaining good customer relations and providing market feedback to editors and authors. Collaborates with Corwin Learning and Editorial staff to effectively sell the development of print and online offerings, workshops, author consulting and courses.
The Editor II position is responsible for cultivating and managing a list of journals in an assigned discipline(s), as well as serve as our lead on department projects. This list may include proprietary and/or contract/leased journals. The Editor is expected to serve as SAGE’s primary liaison with journal editors and society partners. The editor will use this knowledge to help SAGE develop policies, practices, strategies and/or work products that serve their list’s needs. Project work will be assigned in conjunction with the HSS Publisher. A successful editor will help grow SAGE’s presence in their assigned discipline, and make valuable contributions to other departmental initiatives, like open access publishing, social media, or mentoring junior colleagues. This position will work directly in collaboration with the Publisher of HSS Journals to manage external relationships with key societies, as well as managing a list of titles within the US HSS Journals Editorial Department. This position is expected to provide guidance and support to key business partners, and to work with Publisher to build an Editorial presence in the DC Office.
- Detailed understanding of publishing procedures and practices; exhibits a high level of strategic and commercial awareness.
- Proven ability to proactively identify/ generate acquisition leads and to manage a prospecting portfolio successfully
- Outstanding relationship management and high level negotiation skills
- Financial acumen; ability to formulate P&Ls accurately, and to assess them clearly in the competitive environment.
- Proven capacity to contribute to the development and execution of editorial strategy.
- Excellent judgement in relationship management internally and externally, including strong communication skills and the ability to lead projects and deliver results.
- Problem solving abilities and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to take ownership of specific objectives within department and facilitate the achievement of operational goals and activities.